Christian Venues is an idea that has existed within freshSPRING Design (a non-profit company for graphics, marketing and websites) for several years.
Three situations caused Christian Venues to be spurred into life:
- As a charity trustee for Christian Business Executives there was a need for central London meeting venues which ranged from a 5 person trustee meeting to a 100 person event venue. Finding such venues proved time-consuming and frustrating as we knew they existed
- Personally settling in South East London, Nick and his family found going to a central London church started to make less sense and hence they started to search. While aware of the Church of England’s excellent A Church Near You looking for a free church took over a year before striking success, and the same is true for other denominations.
- As a company, freshSPRING helps to design a lot of church and charity websites, many of which have buildings and spaces for hire but often the pages on the websites we start with miss out so much of the crucial basic information (a photo, capacity, how many chairs/tables, disabled accessibility, etc)
So the heart behind this website is simple:
- Make it as simple as possible for any venue run by Christians to have a free listing; and likewise any place of worship*
- Be as comprehensive as possible by encouraging people to list their venue and pro-actively researching and partnering with existing church directories
- Each venue listing contains the basics a person using the site and wanting to hire or attend a service would need to know
- It covers its own costs (we’re a non-profit after all), by allowing featured listings and adverts but that there is still a free service for all
Please do contact us with any suggestions or questions, this is definitely a work in progress.
* We define place of worship as any church that would call itself Trinitarian